Multiple Choice Questions:
- Which chart types can have reference lines added to them in Looker Studio?
- Where do you add a reference line in Looker Studio?
- Which type of reference line should you choose to display a parameter value on a chart?
- (Trick question) What is the default value for a new reference line in Looker Studio?
- Parameters can only be used with scorecards in Looker Studio.
- Adjusting a parameter value will change the position of a reference line on a chart.
- You can only use parameters in simple calculations for charts.
- To create a reference line in Looker Studio, you need to click on Add Reference Line in the Style tab.
- When incorporating parameters into calculations for charts, you can adjust the percent increase to see the impact on the chart.
Open-ended Long Answer Question (Scenario-based):
You are creating a report for a client who wants to track their daily sales against a target value. They want to be able to adjust the target value and see how it affects the chart. Describe the steps you would take to create a chart with a reference line in Looker Studio to fulfill the client's requirements.
Example of a correct answer:
- Choose a suitable chart type, such as a time series or bar chart, to display the daily sales data.
- Go to the Style tab of the chart configuration.
- Find the Reference Line section and click on Add Reference Line.
- Set the type of the reference line to Parameter.
- Choose the parameter representing the target value.
- Customize the appearance of the reference line as needed.
- Save the chart and ensure the client can adjust the target value, which will change the position of the reference line on the chart accordingly.