1. Which of the following is NOT a property of a parameter in Looker Studio?
a. Name b. Type c. Color d. Default Value
Correct answer: c. Color
2. Where do you create and define user parameters in Looker Studio?
a. Data source b. Report canvas c. Controls d. Charts
Correct answer: a. Data source
3. What is the purpose of controls in Looker Studio?
a. To visualize data b. To perform calculations c. To receive user input for parameters d. To create dynamic queries
Correct answer: c. To receive user input for parameters
4. Which of these types is NOT a valid parameter type in Looker Studio?
a. Text-based b. Numeric c. Boolean d. Image-based
Correct answer: d. Image-based
5. True or False: Parameters are part of data modeling and must be defined within the data source.
Correct answer: True
6. True or False: You can use a parameter's value directly in a chart without performing any calculations.
Correct answer: True
7. True or False: Parameters cannot have default values.
Correct answer: False
8. In Looker Studio, a parameter's allowed values can be restricted to specific numbers, such as 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50. This feature is known as the parameter's __________.
Correct answer: range
9. The parameter type that represents true or false values is called a __________ parameter.
Correct answer: boolean
10. (Scenario-based, open-ended) You have an e-commerce dataset, and you want to allow users to filter the revenue data based on a specific product category. Describe how you would create and use a parameter in Looker Studio to achieve this.
Example of a correct answer:
First, create a text-based parameter within the data source, defining its name, allowed values (the product categories), and default value. Next, use a drop-down list control on the report canvas to receive user input for the parameter. Then, incorporate the parameter into a dynamic query that filters the revenue data based on the selected product category. This way, users can interactively choose a category and see the corresponding revenue data in the report.