1. What is the main purpose of using dynamic metrics in Looker Studio? (Choose one)
a) To limit user interaction with data. b) To provide users with the ability to choose the metrics they want to see for their data. c) To create static metrics that cannot be changed. d) To hide metrics from users.
2. Which function is used to create dynamic metrics? (Choose one)
a) SUM b) COUNT c) CASE d) AVG
3. What is the main difference between optional metrics and dynamic metrics? (Choose one)
a) Optional metrics are more interactive than dynamic metrics. b) Optional metrics are hidden, while dynamic metrics are more visible and user-friendly. c) Dynamic metrics cannot be changed by users. d) Optional metrics cannot be applied to real-world scenarios.
4. When should you use optional metrics instead of dynamic metrics? (Choose one)
a) When you want to limit user interaction with data. b) When you want to create a more sophisticated user interface. c) When you want to provide a more hidden way for users to choose metrics. d) When you want to create static metrics.
5. True or False: Dynamic metrics can only be applied to dimensions.
6. True or False: Creating dynamic metrics requires the use of parameters with text and available values.
7. True or False: Dynamic metrics cannot be applied to real-world data modeling scenarios.
8. Fill in the blank: Dynamic metrics are created using a combination of ________ functions and _________.
Answer: case, parameters
9. Fill in the blank: To create a more visible and user-friendly experience, use ________ metrics instead of optional metrics.
10. A company wants to allow their marketing team to view various metrics, such as clicks, impressions, and conversions for their ad campaigns. How would you implement dynamic metrics in Looker Studio to achieve this goal?
Example answer: To implement dynamic metrics in Looker Studio for this scenario, create a parameter with text and available values for clicks, impressions, and conversions. Apply a case function to the table metrics to display the chosen metric based on the user's selection. This will allow the marketing team to choose the metric they want to see and apply it to their data.