13.7. Metric Sliders
Metric sliders allow users to filter data based on the values of metrics. This can be particularly useful when you want to give users the ability to explore data within specific ranges.
For example, users may want to see rows with revenue greater than $5,000 or sessions between 3,000 and 20,000.
Enabling Metric Sliders
Enabling metric sliders in Data Studio is simple:
- Click on the chart for which you want to enable metric sliders.
- Under the chart's settings, enable "Metric Sliders".
- Scroll down and enable "Show Chart Headers". Metric sliders will appear at the chart level, and you need to display the chart headers to make them visible.
Now, users can adjust the metric sliders to filter data based on their desired range of values.
Using Metric Sliders
Metric sliders can be used with different types of charts, including tables, time series, and bar charts. Users can adjust the sliders manually or enter specific values to filter data based on their requirements. They can also clear the settings for each metric to reset the filters.
Compatibility with Other Features
Metric sliders have some limitations regarding compatibility with other chart features:
- If a chart's summary row (or grand total) is visible, you won't be able to enable metric sliders. To use metric sliders, remove the summary row.
- If optional metrics are enabled for a chart, you can't use metric sliders for that chart at the same time.