13.12. Managing Pages & Sections in Navigation Sidebar
Managing pages and sections in Looker Studio can be done easily using the navigation sidebar. You can create, move, and organize pages and sections to create a multi-level navigation for your dashboard.
- To create a new page, go to the "Pages" menu and click "Insert Page." This will add a new page based on your current position in the report.
- You can rename the page by double-clicking on its title in the navigation sidebar.
- To move a page within the navigation sidebar, simply click and drag it to the desired location.
- You can move a page within a section, between sections, or make it a standalone page outside of any section.
- To create a new section, click the "+" icon in the navigation sidebar and select "Section."
- The new section will be created within the current section or at the end of the report if there's no current section.
- You can rename the section by double-clicking on its title in the navigation sidebar.
- To move a section within the navigation sidebar, simply click and drag it to the desired location.
- You can move a section within another section, between sections, or make it a standalone section outside of any other section.
Deleting Pages and Sections
- To delete a page, click the three-dot menu icon next to the page title in the navigation sidebar and select "Delete."
- To delete a section, first, delete all the pages within the section. Once all the pages are removed, click the three-dot menu icon next to the section title and select "Delete."
You can create and organize your pages and sections at any time during the report creation process. By using tap navigation, you can turn your report into a website-like layout with menus.
Note: Looker Studio documentation mentions that deleting a section will also delete all pages within it, but at the time of recording this lesson there was no direct option to delete a section with pages. You have to delete the pages within the section first, and then you can delete the section.