Chapter 1: Looker Studio Essentials
In this chapter, we will quickly cover the basics of Looker Studio and get familiar with the user interface and then we’ll see a high-level overview of most key features of Looker Studio through building a simple eCommerce dashboard from scratch.
- Understand the basics and key features of Looker Studio.
- Learn how to connect to various data sources using different types of connectors.
- Gain knowledge about Looker Studio’s data collection and transformation options.
- Explore visualization techniques and adding interactions in Looker Studio.
- Discover how to share Looker Studio reports with others.
Main Concepts and Topics
- Looker Studio is a powerful tool to create insightful and interactive dashboards.
- Connect to data sources using Google Connectors, Partner Connectors, and Community Connectors.
- Collect data through controls and parameters such as checkboxes, input boxes, sliders, and more.
- Transform data using aggregation, mathematical calculations, blending, grouping, and functions.
- Add interaction to reports with data controls, filters, chart interactions, and report navigation.
- Share reports through email, link sharing, public access, or scheduled PDF emails.
1.1. Looker Studio Masterclass Program Structure
Welcome to Looker Studio Masterclass!
Dive into the exciting world of Looker Studio and learn how to effectively and profitably use dashboards in your business.
We're kicking things off with Looker Studio Essentials. This section will equip you with the foundational knowledge you need to excel in the Looker Studio.
Data Studio Essentials: Objectives
Today's mission is twofold:
- Quickly cover the basics: We'll go over the absolute fundamentals of Data Studio. Some of these might seem simple, but we'll move fast.
- High-level overview of key features: We'll introduce you to the main features of Data Studio by creating a "Simply Commerce" dashboard from scratch.
In just 60 to 90 minutes, we'll construct a complete dashboard side by side.
Buckle up, and let's get started!