16.10 Importing Data from Marketing Tools into BigQuery
It's essential to know how to import data from various marketing tools like Shopify, LinkedIn, or Facebook into BigQuery. This lesson will guide you through the process using third-party transfer services that make the task easier and more efficient.
Choosing a Data Transfer Tool
There are many data transfer tools available that allow you to extract data from sources and push them to destinations such as BigQuery. These tools usually have an easy setup process and handle the task automatically.
Examples of popular data transfer tools include FiveTran, Supermetrics, and Stitch. When choosing a tool, consider whether it offers complete data exports, allowing you to extract all available information from your marketing tool and replicate it in BigQuery.
Setting Up Your Transfer Service
Setting up a third-party transfer service is typically quite simple:
- Sign up for the tool
- Select your account
- Authorize your account to provide data to the tool
- Authorize access for BigQuery
- Choose your dataset
Once set up, the tool will start extracting data from your marketing platform and send it directly into your selected BigQuery dataset.
Benefits of Using a Third-Party Transfer Service
Using one of these services comes with several advantages:
- Automation: The setup is automated, making it easy for you.
- Full ownership: You have complete control over your data.
- No maintenance: You pay for the service, so they are responsible for maintaining the tool and ensuring that everything works smoothly.
- Data modeling: Some platforms include built-in data modeling capabilities, allowing you to clean up and process your information before pushing it to BigQuery.
By utilizing a third-party transfer service to import your marketing data into BigQuery, you can start with clean, ready-to-use information in Looker Studio without having to worry about maintenance or complex setup processes.